Emma, The Friendly Marketplace, Signs on as Sponsor
Emma™, the friendly marketplace, is a proud sponsor of Blondes vs. Brunettes, a third-party volunteer driven event benefiting Alzheimer’s Association.
Emma is a new marketplace for Facebook users. Emma enhances the concept of free classifieds by attaching Facebook credentials to classified listings. Because everyone in the Emma community has a Facebook profile, they can trade with more confidence, whether they are buying or selling products and services or engaging in social transactions such as finding a roommate or rideshare. With Emma, you control who gets to see your listings and with whom you can trade or sell.
Emma handles a wide range of trades and interactions among its listing categories, so you can be more specific about your needs as they arise, anywhere, anytime:
- Social listings, for instance, help connect you with people interested in similar activities. Find a softball team to play on or recruit another player for a team you’ve already formed.
- Transportation listings with Emma can help you carpool through traffic on your commute or find a ride to your beach rental, with the added security and safety mentioned above, but also with the ability to set it up while you are out and about.
- Service listings with Emma enable you to look for tennis lessons with a top pro in the neighborhood, or find a recommended tour guide for a walking tour of Paris. And, because you’ve exchanged social profiles, you know exactly who you are dealing with before you sign them up.
- Gigs and Jobs listings mean you can find the best caterers for your kid’s birthday party, or let people know you’ve started a landscape consulting business. Emma ratings from previous customers tell you how your friends, not strangers, viewed the quality of their work.
- Merchandise listings help you sell things you no longer need to a good home, or perhaps find a listing for tickets to that sold out concert. With Emma, your friends can help ensure that the other party pays reliably and that products and services are as advertised.
- Real Estate listings with Emma enable you to buy, sell, or rent at the right price and location with the most up-to-date information about the previous owner, the landlord, and the neighborhood.
Emma goes beyond buying and selling products and services. It provides a secure and targeted “marketplace” for social interactions. When you’re looking for a new roommate, or for someone to have lunch with on short notice, trying to find the person with the right interest, availability, and location may be difficult in your limited, connected network. And, going directly to other public marketplaces presents new challenges with safety and the unknown. Emma addresses this by using the extensions of your Facebook social world to help you to find the person you can trust with the interest, availability, and location that you are seeking.
About Blondes vs. Brunettes
Blondes vs. Brunettes was created in 2005 by a group of women in Washington, D.C. The founders had a personal connection to Alzheimer’s disease and designed the event to raise interest among their peers while also raising funds for the Alzheimer’s Association. Since its inception, BvB has raised more than $1.5 million and brought thousands of new supporters to the cause. For more information about Blondes vs Brunettes Washington DC and the game on November 12th go to
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a leading provider of enterprise software platforms for business intelligence (BI), mobile intelligence, and social intelligence applications. MicroStrategy’s BI platform enables leading organizations worldwide to analyze the vast amounts of data stored across their enterprises to make better business decisions. Companies choose MicroStrategy BI for its ease-of-use, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. The MicroStrategy BI platform delivers actionable information to business users via the web and mobile devices. MicroStrategy’s mobile intelligence platform helps companies and organizations build, deploy, and maintain mobile apps across a range of solutions by embedding intelligence, transactions, and multimedia into apps. MicroStrategy’s social intelligence platform includes a number of applications that help enterprises harness the power of social networks for marketing and e-commerce, as well as a suite of free “friendly” consumer apps that use MicroStrategy’s enterprise technologies. MicroStrategy’s social intelligence platform helps companies leverage the value of social networks to better understand and engage their customers and fans. The MicroStrategy Cloud offering combines MicroStrategy and third-party software, hardware, and services to enable rapid, cost-effective development of hosted BI, mobile, and social applications. To learn more about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR), visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy).
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Platform, MicroStrategy Cloud, MicroStrategy Mobile, Cloud Personal, MicroStrategy Transaction Services, Wisdom, MicroStrategy Wisdom and Emma are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.