Each year, BvB is coordinated by an executive committee of dedicated athletes. Meet the 2018 members:
- Hannah Clark – Recruitment
- Taylor Elkow – Events
- Heather Evanson – Community Engagement
- Kaitlin Ewald – Team Blonde Captain, Recruitment
- Lindsay Fry – Team Blonde Captain, Events, Game Day
- Melissa Frye – Game Day
- Tony Ham – Recruitment
- Emily Lamb – Team Brunette Captain, Community Engagement
- Caitlin Lukacs – Communications
- Laura Murphy – Communications
- Alison Perez – Team Brunette Captain
- Emily Weidenbach – Game Day
- Caitlin Wise – Executive Committee Chair, Events, Game Day, Sponsorships
- Bridget Woodbury – Communications
Tackling ALZ for Over 10 Years
RivALZ began in the fall of 2005 as Blondes vs. Brunettes®, a flag football event founded by a group of professional women: Sara Abbott, Andrea Rodgers, and Kristyn Noeth. The founders of the organization have a personal connection to Alzheimer’s and designed the event to drive awareness among a younger audience while raising funds for the Alzheimer’s Association. Since the inaugural game in Washington, DC, and thanks to Kate Stukenberg and Meredith Chastang, the event has grown to more than 40 cities, raising more than $7 million and bringing thousands of new supporters to the cause.
As of the 2016 season, DC has raised over $1 million in this city alone.
In 2014, to accommodate nationwide growth, Blondes vs. Brunettes grew into RivALZ, empowering participants to choose the rivalry around which to organize their teams— East vs. West, Blondes vs. Brunettes, City vs. Suburbs. The funds raised through RivALZ benefit the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association.