- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s are women.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- An estimated 5.5 million Americans have Alzheimer’s disease in 2017, including approximately 200,000 individuals younger than age 65.
- Every 66 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s.
- By 2050, the number of people with Alzheimer’s disease could reach 16 million, barring the development of a medical breakthrough to prevent or cure the disease.
Blondes vs. Brunettes (BvB) is a volunteer-driven flag football game for women that brings together the passion and spirit of young community leaders to support the Alzheimer’s Association.
BvB DC’s 13th season is in full swing! If you’re interested in getting involved, check out our events page for upcoming fundraising opportunities, donate to your favorite player, and be sure to check out the game on November 18!