Blondes vs. Brunettes (BvB) is a volunteer-driven flag football game for women that brings together the passion and spirit of young community leaders to support the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s are women.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- More than 6 million Americans have Alzheimer’s disease in 2021, including approximately 200,000 individuals younger than age 65.
- Every 65 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s.
- By 2050, the number of people with people age 65 and older with Alzheimer’s disease could reach 12.7 million, barring the development of a medical breakthrough to prevent or cure the disease.
The 2022 season is officially under way! Game Day is scheduled for June 18th at Washington-Liberty High School. Be sure to regularly check our events page with upcoming events and fundraising opportunities!