- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s are women.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- An estimated 5.3 million Americans have Alzheimer’s disease in 2015, including approximately 300,000 individuals younger than age 65.
- Every 67 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s.
- By 2050, the number of people age 65 and older with Alzheimer’s disease may nearly triple, from 5.1 million to as many as 13.8 million, barring the development of a medical breakthrough to prevent or cure the disease.
Blondes vs. Brunettes (BvB) is a volunteer-driven flag football game for women that brings together the passion and spirit of young community leaders to support the Alzheimer’s Association.
Game Day is right around the corner – make sure you secure a ticket by donating $25 to your favorite Blonde or Bru!