- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s are women.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- An estimated 5.3 million Americans have Alzheimer’s disease in 2015, including approximately 300,000 individuals younger than age 65.
- Every 67 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s.
- By 2050, the number of people age 65 and older with Alzheimer’s disease may nearly triple, from 5.1 million to as many as 13.8 million, barring the development of a medical breakthrough to prevent or cure the disease.
Blondes vs. Brunettes (BvB) is a volunteer-driven flag football game for women that brings together the passion and spirit of young community leaders to support the Alzheimer’s Association.
The 2016 season has officially begun! If you’re interested in joining BvB DC this year, contact the Team Blonde Captains (Lindsay Curtin and Aminah Aziz) or the Team Brunette Captains (Emily Lamb and Caitlin Lukacs) for more information and practice schedules. Check our events page for all upcoming practices and fundraising opportunities, too!