- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s are women.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- An estimated 5.3 million Americans have Alzheimer’s disease in 2015, including approximately 300,000 individuals younger than age 65.
- Every 66 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s.
- By 2050, the number of people age 65 and older with Alzheimer’s disease may nearly triple, from 5.1 million to as many as 13.8 million, barring the development of a medical breakthrough to prevent or cure the disease.
Blondes vs. Brunettes (BvB) is a volunteer-driven flag football game for women that brings together the passion and spirit of young community leaders to support the Alzheimer’s Association.
The 2016 season has officially begun! If you’re interested in joining BvB DC this year, come check out a practice (see schedule below) or just dive right in and get registered. Be sure to check out our events page for all upcoming fundraising opportunities, too!