In honor and celebration of the alumni of the inaugural chapter of Blondes vs. Brunettes, BvB DC is hosting its first ever Homecoming Week November 5-11!
Homecoming Week Alumni Fundraising Challenge
It’s a battle of BvB alumni to see which group can raise the most money for the association!
You can also give your team an advantage at the game. The team’s alumni with the highest fundraising total the week of November 5-11* will win their team a coveted extra timeout on Game Day – November 17 – and be recognized during halftime.
*Only donations to the alumni fundraising pages between Nov. 5 at 12 a.m. and Nov. 11 at 11:59 p.m. will count toward the total.
In order to ensure that BvB DC continues to grow and raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Association, we are asking for our alumni to get back involved with the cause. Here’s how you can help:
- Adopt a Rookie. Fundraising may seem daunting if you’ve never done it before and we want to support new recruits and provide them with a great network of stellar fundraisers. By participating you would help create a pot of funds to support rookies to meet their deadlines and to help your team win the fundraising competition. Any funds not needed by rookies would go to the team as a whole. If you’re interested in helping out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help nudge a rookie (make a small donation near a critical deadline).
- Provide a rookie support (fundraising suggestions, reposting their social media asks to expand their networks).
- Become a Superfan. A Superfan’s role can range from simply setting up a fundraising page and sharing it with friends to being a “Team Manager” who helps with practices. You can register and create your fundraising profile on the Register page.
- Having brunch with friends? Find out if the restaurant would be willing to make a small donation.
- Help Connect Us. You are impressive men and women with a diverse network.
- Do you know any businesses that would be willing to donate jerseys or items for a silent auction or be a sponsor?
- Did your friend’s brother/sister move to DC and is looking to make new friends? Get them to participate in BvB DC.
- Have a big social media following? Reshare your team’s fundraising asks/links.